What is Cyber Essentials?
Cyber Essentials is the UK government certification which protects small and medium size businesses from over 80% of Cyber Attacks; in fact, it is the recommended basic level of cyber security for all businesses. A 2019 Cyber Security Breaches Survey found that 31% of small UK businesses had identified breaches or attacks. Common impacts were lost files, lost network access, website attacks, corrupt data, and compromised systems. The risk of both financial and reputational damage can be enormous.
Cyber Essential & Cyber Essentials Plus
CyberSmart is our Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials Plus certification service. We make the often complex and expensive process of Cyber Essentials certification quick, simple, and painless without the need for penetration testing. Cyber Essentials certification can be awarded within 24 hours with a 100% guaranteed pass rate. Our CyberSmart platform checks to ensure a pass before submission, guiding you through the questionnaire step-by-step.
The market leader in delivering remote auditing services by a certified assessor
Why become Cyber Essentials Certified?
- Reassure customers that you have taken preventative measures against cyber attack
- Attract new business with cyber security in place
- Get a clear picture of your organisation’s cyber security level, including BYOD devices
- Cyber Essentials is a mandatory requirement for many Government contracts and vendor supply chains
- Easier qualification for Cyber Crime insurance cover
- Access new procurement opportunities with certification and continued compliance
Cyber Essentials Continuous Compliance
CyberSmart monitors your business’s devices 24/7, whether they are in your office, data centre, remote workers, virtual endpoints or even BYOD. It checks the status of individual user’s devices for the most up to-date applications, operating systems, firewalls, security measures and compliance with Cyber Essentials. This allows us to quickly resolve security issues and demonstrate your Cyber security credentials and continuous compliance to regulators and customers.
Automatic Cyber Liability Insurance
UK-domiciled organisations with a turnover under £20m, are entitled to Cyber Liability Insurance, after achieving self-assessed certification to either the basic level of Cyber Essentials or the IASME Standard. You are required to install & maintain automatically provided updates from your software provider for critical business software. If you have passed Cyber Essentials this process should already be in place but you should make sure it is maintained to ensure that the insurance remains in force.
The £25,000 indemnity cover, underwritten by AXA XL, includes
24hr helpline to report a cyber incident, which will provide crisis management and incident response to the total liability limit of £25,000.
- Liability: claims made against you arising out of media activities and privacy and security wrongful acts.
- Event Management: costs, including emergency costs, following a data breach, including the costs of notifying data subjects. These might typically include payment for Legal, IT, Forensic & PR specialists.
- Extortion Demands: ransoms and other cyber extortion.
- Regulatory Investigations: defence costs & regulatory fines (where insurable by law).
- Business Interruption: Loss of profit and / or operational expenses caused by a network compromise.
- Loss of Electronic Data: costs of remedying the issue that allowed the loss or damage to your data and costs to replace, restore or update your data.